For four servings:
- 1 large-sized cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoon of peanut powder
- 1 green chilli, sliced (depending on the hotness)
- sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ghee or clarified butter
- some curry leaves
- a pinch of asafoetida powder
- some fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of yogurt or fresh curd
- In a bowl, mix the grated cucumber and the peanut powder.
- Add the green chilli, sugar, and the salt.
- Now in a separate pan, heat some oil or ghee. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they sputter, add the curry leaves and the asafoetida.
- Now add this tempering to the cucumber and peanut mixture and mix well. Keep aside for 2-5 minutes and let it cool.
- Add the yogurt and mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Goes great as a raita for any occasion.