I had some oats and was bored of the regular oats porridge. Here is what I made that day!
Caramelized Oats Porridge
- Oats, 1/2 cup
- Demerera Sugar (Brown one), 3 tablespoons
- Milk, 1 cup
- Roasted almonds, 5-6
- Water, 2 teaspoon
- In a pan, add water.
- When the water boils, add the sugar. Mix well and when the mixture turns a bit syrupy.
- Add the oats. Mix well. The oats should get well coated with the sugar syrup or caramelizes.
- Now add the roasted almonds. Let this get coated with the sugar syrup.
- Pour the milk and let the mixture cook for 10 minutes or until the oats are mashed.
- Transfer in a bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes.