- 1 cup kabuli chana (Chick peas) soaked overnight and pressure cooked. (you can also use the tinned ones)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- some sugar
- some salt
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
- some garlic pods
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3-4 red chillies (according to the hotness. I use Bedgi which is mild)
- some water
- Grind the base ingredients in a blender and form a smooth paste.
- Now in a hot pan, heat some oil and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onion and saute till pink.
- Add the chick peas and mix.
- Now add the coconut paste, sugar, salt, the amchur powder, and mix well. Add some water if you desire a loose consistency.
- Cook till the mixture lets out the oil.