Paneer....love it!....I LUV PANEER....and I constantly yearn for it (like some nonvegetarians yearn for CHICKEN).....However, most of the paneer recipes are Mughlai and these recipes require a long list of ingredients and the process is very long. But here is one recipe that can be made in a jiffy. I usually make this in 30 minutes.
Matar Paneer has been featured on my fellow bloggers Web site and I have tried most of them. I apologize if this recipe sounds plagarised. This recipe is totally from my trial and errors. As little Rohan keeps me glued more on him and less on other blogs, I am at a dearth of time to name the other blogs. But I thank all my fellow blogger friends who inspire me constantly with their hard work on creating and sharing wonderful recipes. A VERY BIG HUG TO ALL OF YOU!
Coming back to the recipe, it serves two people at my abode.
- Paneer, 100 gm (microwave 1 cup water for 2 minutes and put the paneer pieces to soften if using frozen ones)
- Peas,1 cup (microwave 1 cup water for 3-4 minutes and put the peas to blanch if using frozen ones)
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- an inch of ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- loads of chopped coriander leaves
- In a blender, grind the tomatoes, garlic, and ginger. Keep aside the paste in a bowl.
- Now in hot pan, add some oil and after a minute add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onion and saute for a while till they turn pink.
- Now add the ground paste and mix well.
- After 2 minutes, add the chilli, turmeric, and garam masala powders. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- When the mixture lets out the oil, add the kasuri methi and peas, some salt, and sugar. Cook till the peas are done.
- Add the paneer pieces and mix well. Steam this for couple of minutes till the paneer is well coated with the masalas.
- Serve hot with loads of coriander leaves as the garnish and hot with Rotis!